The celebration season is upon us and we’re kicking the party off in style! We are speaking about the invites to events that seem to arrive almost daily once May is here and go non-stop throughout the summer season. Weddings, graduations, bridal showers, baby showers, reunions and so many other fun occasions call for more than flip flops and sneakers. Here are a few ideas to class up your occasion wear.
Tips for Graduation, Wedding, and Reunion Looks.
1. Stick to classic pieces. You’ll be taking photos with family and friends that will last a lifetime; classic styles and colors are timeless and will still look picture perfect.
2. No need to bare it all. Dress more conservatively than usual. With relatives, teachers, professionals in attendance, you’ll want to make sure to avoid any revealing looks. Pick one feature to flaunt and work that angle; legs, shoulder, or back.
3. Pay attention to detail. Does the event invitation address what to wear or can you get a feeling with the design? Use these cues to help build your look.
4. Be comfortable. Whatever the occasion, you’ll want to look and feel your best. Confidence radiates. It will be very obvious that you are uncomfortable and that will draw attention away from the celebration.
5. When in doubt, play it safe. Not sure if a statement necklace is the right fit, then keep it simple. Not sure if the hem length is appropriate, then opt for a maxi dress.
We have picked some gorgeous options that can step up your style at summer soirees and beyond.
The Mattison is the perfect go-to. Dressed up, but not the typical party shoe, this more covered option works for less formal events where a suit, pants or even a tailored dress is necessary. The feminine T-strap silhouette works well for business or pleasure. It pairs well with our Pimlico handbag.
The Pressley can turn heads at any formal occasion. The pretty pale color and strappy style will get you rave reviews walking down the aisle or looking your best at your reunion. When the party stops, Pressley’s style goes on … think girl’s night out! Style it with our STL Crossbody to polish the look.
The Taimi is such a gem and the dressiest shoe on our suggestion list. This stunner will catch more than the light at special formal events and candlelight dinners. The muted metallic leather paired with sparkle, is just enough shine to set off summer pastels and gleaming whites. The Taimi will keep you looking glamorously comfortable all evening long and, you won’t have to slip them off under the table.
That’s the short list. The shoes that will get you through every event, beautifully.
Visit Naturalizer.com for more striking options that will keep the party going all summer long.